Saturday, August 9, 2008

In the beginning...

I'm starting up this campaign blog in conjunction with my Douxfield campaign. While I was initially coming up for ideas for the campaign it was merely titled "city campaign" in my head. Now that the city has a name I'll be referring to it as the Douxfield campaign. I intend for this blog to keep a steady purpose through out the whole campaign. I'm going to use it to write up what happened in our game for tracking purposes and to keep me writing week to week. However I'm not simply going to write in: "This week they fought a couple of assassins. They won".

I intend to give the write up a more storyish feel. I will elaborate on actions taken by the players and will flesh out details of encounters more than I can while I'm DMing. I hope that this weekly practice improves my descriptions while I'm DMing and the speed of my writing. Right now I write very slowly even though the words go through my head quickly. It should also flesh out the backstories NPCs that I'm running so they have more depth when they interact with the players. I won't be putting words into the PCs mouths or describing their thoughts unless the players give me express permission to do so.

I'm going to use cuts to describe the actual mechanics behind the situation when I feel it is necessary or notes on what is going on. So if you see a cut and don't want to ruin your immersion in the story part of the blog post just skip over them. I will put some initial notes before the story part of the blog post if I feel it is necessary.

---Vortling

No comments: